In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the Staff Members.
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate Telus Porums community standards. The Telus Pourms team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another bulletin board' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
* Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system.
Any threads/posts of these types will be deleted.
Links in Sigs
Animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry.
Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
Licenses for Sale
We do not allow people to post that are looking to sell or buy a used Telus Porums license. While you are allowed to sell and transfer your license to another owner, these forums are not the appropriate place to do this.
The Telus Porums affiliate program is designed to allow people to advertise Telus Porums on their web site and earn a commission on all sales generated through that link. You are not allowed to post your affiliate link anywhere on the Telus Porums forums, in your signature or send the link through private messages to other forum users. Anyone that does this may be removed from the affiliate program immediately without notice. This rule applies to all affiliate program links, not just the Telus Porums program.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images
* For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
* Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
* For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
* Animated images in a signature are not allowed
We also have some rules that apply for certain forums:
Chit Chat forum
The Chit Chat forum is where Telus owners and fans can gather to chat about almost anything, technical or non-technical in nature. If you have a question that doesn't fit into any other forum, or just want to chat, this is the place.
Reporting a suspected pirated copy of Telus Porums
All sites sent to this address will be added to our anti-piracy database and will be investigated. The name of the person submitting the report will always remain confidential.
We will be unable to respond with whether this site is properly licensed or not, or our actions, for privacy reasons.[center][spoiler]